Although they did cruelly edit this to make it look like I thought it might be the right answer rather just saying something for the sake of it. (Please see minute 11.29, person standing on a box behind the desk so the contestant skyline didn’t look too jagged) .
The correct answer is Boise (and even CJ, evil Egghead, wasn’t too sure about that). I’m here in Boise because it’s one of the entry points to the Idaho Hot Springs Mountain Bike Route, 500 miles of forest roads that take you past 50 hot springs, 10 of which are commercial and the rest aren’t so you can just hop in on your way past.
That was the idea but we have a Code Red and REGGIE IS MISSING!!!
My bike was last seen in transit at Phoenix airport and is apparently still there, due to arrive in Boise at 11pm. After years of successful travel (bar thinking I didn’t need a visa to get into Vietnam – turns out I did…), I feel it’s ‘my time’ for a hiccup and, all being well here on in, will set off tomorrow as planned.
I’m currently holed up here waiting for Reggie:
Never happier than when in a cheap motel with a Denny’s next door:
- Get interrogated by US Homeland security – check
- Tell lies to US Homeland security about whether you have any food or not and how much cash you’re bringing into the country – check. I don’t even know why I lied about the cash but they automatically make you feel like you’ve done something wrong so I did!
- Distribute cash in separate locations so you can’t lose it all in one go and then forget where you’ve put it – check
- Go to Walmarts and buy too much food – check
- Ensure your food cache is a triumph of sugar and junk food over sensible slow-burn carbs – check
- Look at the small selection of clothes you brought and think ‘seriously, is that it?!!’ and ‘I don’t know why I packed that top as I don’t even like it’ – check
If anyone knows how to set up a new blog category using the Word Press app, please let me know as I should file this separately from my other posts but not sure how – thank you.
Bye for now!